Plans for 0.6.5

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Sun Mar 13 20:20:44 UTC 2016

Hi,

On Fri, 11 Mar 2016 15:45:51 +0100
Alfredo Sánchez Alberca <asalber at ceu.es> wrote:
> Hi again!
>
> El Wednesday 09 March 2016 16:00:50 Thomas Friedrichsmeier escribió:
> > 1) Perhaps your customizations to the CSS file would actually be
> > suitable for RKWard in general? I'm not particularly attached to the
> > current CSS. It's simply the one we have...
>
> Of course it's a matter of taste. That's the reason why a propose to
> make the css file configurable. At this moment I'm using the css file
> attached.

Thanks. A bit too involved left and right to look at it in detail, right
away. Release of the frameworks version (still no timeline for that),
might be a good opportunity to change this. Somebody remind me, if
necessary...

> > 2) The CSS file to use is set in rk.set.output.html.file() (and at
> > any rate, it will be a bit difficult to change after output has been
> > initialized). Would it be more useful to allow specification in
> > rk.set.output.html.file(), or in the settings UI?
> >

> I think it's better to set the url of the css file in the settings UI
> and make rk.set.output.html.file() to take it from there.

After some thought, I went for both.

> > (3): Should the output initialization _copy_ the CSS file to the
> > output directory, instead of linking to the system-wide one?
> > Advantages: Easier to distribute, easier to customize.
> > Disadvantage: Will not get updated when the global system-wide CSS
> > file is updates.)
>
> Well, now that your are thinking about exporting the output with the
> workspace, I think is better to copy the css file to the output
> directory.

Ok, done.

This is both already part of the 0.6.5-pre1, so please take a look, if
you can find the time.