missing help browser on OS X

meik michalke meik.michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de
Tue Jun 28 19:38:51 UTC 2016

Am Montag, 27. Juni 2016, 01:06:00 schrieb meik michalke:
> but i was able to find out that the bundle seems to simply
> be missing a package that is needed to reach the http server that comes
> with  R. by trial & error, repackaging the bundle with different package
> drop lists, i've already narrowed down the candidates to a handful. there
> should be a working bundle tomorrow or so.

i hope this is it -- can you please try this on your macs with R 3.3? does the
help browser work?

  https://files.kde.org/rkward/testing/bundles/MacOSX/RKWard-binary-0.6.5b_OSX10.9_KDE-4.14.3_needs_CRAN_R-3.3.0.pkg

there's a new strange problem -- the mac packages build for our plugins don't
install. in fact, tar can't even unpack the .tgz archives. the packages were
built with roxyPackage and that worked great for years. i must inspect if
there were changes in the tar functions in R 3.3. a workaround is installation
from source for these packages.