missing help browser on OS X

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Thu Jun 23 19:27:57 UTC 2016

Hi,

On Thu, 23 Jun 2016 20:53:30 +0200
meik michalke <meik.michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de> wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 23. Juni 2016, 16:18:57 schrieb meik michalke:
> > i saw a strange problem on OS X yosemite, where RKWard was
> > installed with the  bundle package: the help pages all remained
> > empty. there was only a new tab without title and a blank page. any
> > suggestions where this could come from?
>
> i can replicate this in a yosemite VM, but also on mavericks when
> using the bundle, but not with the compiled app. so there must be
> something broken in the bundle :-/ can you think of something
> particular that is needed for the help browser (and probably
> something that has changed recently)?

hm, strange (and bad). What about the output window? The two are
essentially based on the same code. What happens when trying to browse
some other (preferrably fail-safe) URL? E.g.
  browseURL("file:///some/local/file.html")

Since 0.6.4 we no longer use KHTMLPart, but QtWebKit, so that comes to
mind as a related (somewhat) recent change.