using <formula> disables submit

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Thu Feb 18 20:30:51 UTC 2016

Hi,

On Thu, 18 Feb 2016 21:03:24 +0100
meik michalke <meik.michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de> wrote:
> > I never considered the <formula> quite ready, but admittedly, I
> > haven't looked at it in a loooong time, and I don't remember what I
> > found lacking.
>
> well, i must admin that i don't understand how the manual model
> specification is supposed to work, at all. i tried fiddling around
> with the controls, but i really don't get it. could you explain that?

to create main effects, leave the dropdown-control set to "Main
effects", and select 1 or more fixed factors on the left hand side,
click ">" to add them. To create first order interactions set the
dropdown to "1", select 2 or more fixed factors on the left hand side,
and click ">" to add all first order interactions. Etc.

I admit some ways to improve this would seem fairly obvious... But even
better, if you can come up with specific suggestions / mockups?

> and adding an Error term would be nice, wouldn't it?

Yes, but it's also where things start getting a bit more complex, no?
Mockups very welcome! (Might also need a bit of thinking on how to
generate code for error terms. IIRC, specification of error terms in
formulas is not entirely coherent across R packages.)