Undocking (plot) preview (was: Re: Preview - Input needed?)

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Wed Feb 3 20:37:06 UTC 2016

Hi,

not the most important question about docked previews, IMO, but to
get back to "undocking":

Essentially you can already do this (in the work/preview_with_menu
branch), by using Device->Duplicate, i.e. first option in the menu.
This is not strictly undocking, but it can be used to turn a preview
into an independent plot window. And I tend to think it does so in a
rather useful way: logically promoting it from a preview to a regular
plot, so that it will neither be updated by changes in the dialog, nor
closed with the dialog.

As we also have print, copy to output, export in the preview's menu, do
we need a more prominent - or different - "undock" action at all?