Previews - another new thread

meik michalke meik.michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de
Tue Feb 2 19:10:43 UTC 2016

hi,

Am Dienstag, 2. Februar 2016, 14:10:10 schrieb Thomas Friedrichsmeier:
> - Move the previews to the left side of the dialog. Not bad, IMO,
>   although I do think it is slightly confusing, particularly when any
>   preview (code or other preview) is active by default.

yes, that's true. i *really* like that place for plots, but the code preview
will most definitely always look too narrow, as will a lot of result previews,
i presume. as soon as you activate two previews (like plot and code) it starts
to look way too squeezed. all that is text is probably better off at the old
place, below the dialog. if it's not too hard to have two areas for
previews...

the default width for plots should be the current height if the dialog, so
plots are a square.

> - Make plot previews docked by default. Try any plot plugin.

like i said, i really like it, including the menu for exports etc.

how do you feel about this?
 http://codepen.io/anon/pen/yeqRvP