[rkward-devel] Usability: Reading CSV

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Wed Sep 30 18:31:31 UTC 2015

Hi!

I'll just reply to this bit, until I have more time for detail:

On Wed, 30 Sep 2015 12:13:02 +0000 (UTC)
Jan Wort <d_jan at ymail.com> wrote:
> Your other suggestions sound meaningful and sound too, though I can't
> provide any furtherinput for now. There are many dialogs that would
> benefit from some minor rewordings and a bit of restructuring. This
> should not be too much hassle to do - I wonder what would be the best
> way to report/suggest  these in order to make it easy to apply if the
> developers agree.

In general, I think, a mixture of mailing list and
https://community.kde.org/RKWard are the way to deal with this, where
the mailing list is the primary place to "submit" new feedback and
discuss ideas, while the wiki page is a reasonably good place to keep
track of feedback that has not yet been addressed. So essentially, the
way you've "reported" your work on the Workspace window via mail and
wiki is just about perfect. As the wiki page is inevitably growing
longer and longer, it will certainly make sense to split it up. Feel
free to do so, if you like.

BTW, the wiki page is exactly the place where I have already pasted
Aaron's November mail (still highly appreciated!), plus a few comments,
plus a few additional bits of feedback that you've sent in separate
mails, minus some items that I have addressed, meanwhile.

In the context of this particular thread, it is worth noting, that I
did a few layout changes to the CSV-import dialog based on Aaron's
feedback. It used to be even worse than what Jan is commenting on, now!
Also, I have killed the old "Import Data"-dialog, indeed, though that
was after 0.6.3, IIRC, so not part of a release, yet.