[rkward-devel] Usability progress, testing on Mac

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Wed Sep 23 18:12:20 UTC 2015

Hi Jan,

On Wed, 23 Sep 2015 12:20:07 +0000 (UTC)
Jan Wort <d_jan at ymail.com> wrote:
> Some time ago we discussed some usability improvements, in particular
> in regards to the optionset UI. Was there any progress recently
> and/or is further feedback or concept needed on this?

I've been terribly distracted of late. No recent progress, sorry, but I
definitely have not forgotten about it. Hoping to get back to working
on RKWard real soon now (TM).

Optionset UI is at the top of my TODO list. Currently I don't need
further feedback on this (unless you had all new ideas, meanwhile), but
I will ask for feedback as soon as I have a sketch implementation (or
two).

AFAIR, another "large" item was the "Workspace" tool window. We
discussed that back and forth some, and IIRC you offered to provide a
more detailed mockup. Would you need any more feedback to proceed with
that?

> As well, I'm occasionally using RKWard on a Mac now, so if you need
> feedback/testing of some function, tell me (I'm running the Macports
> Version)

Thanks. We'll be getting back to that. Right now nothing specific, but
anything you come across that does not work on the Mac as well as on
Linux, or anything that does not work as would be expected by Mac
users. Which version of MacOS, by the way?