[rkward-devel] Usability progress, testing on Mac

Jan Wort d_jan at ymail.com
Wed Oct 28 14:32:38 UTC 2015

> The first two steps require a good amount of downloading, and I recall
> you were having trouble with your connection.

I can't guarantee that I'll manage to do it tonight, but it is pretty likely :)
My Connection works again.

Just to be save: Does the building and installing change anything significant outside its folder? (If yes, it better goes into a VM)

Looking forward to see your work!

Jan

Thomas Friedrichsmeier <thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de> schrieb am 15:05 Mittwoch, 28.Oktober 2015:
Hi Jan,

On Wed, 23 Sep 2015 12:20:07 +0000 (UTC)
Jan Wort <d_jan at ymail.com> wrote:
> Some time ago we discussed some usability improvements, in particular
> in regards to the optionset UI. Was there any progress recently
> and/or is further feedback or concept needed on this?

I'm about ready to present what I have for the optionset, now. I'll
write up some of what I did and why, and what I'd like to have feedback
on, shortly (as soon as I have a few more bits in place).

What I'd like to ask, today, is whether it would be possible for you to
evaluate this from a git branch. Since some of the changes are
potentially a bit disruptive, I would like to avoid merging my changes
into master / the daily builds, until I have had time to clean up. The
procedure would be:

  sudo apt-get build-dep rkward
  git clone git://anongit.kde.org/rkward.git
  cd rkward
  git checkout work/optionset_experiments
  mkdir build && cd build
  cmake ../ -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr
  make
  sudo make install

The first two steps require a good amount of downloading, and I recall
you were having trouble with your connection.

So: Is this something you can do, ATM? Do you have time for this at all
in the upcoming days?