[rkward-devel] JS in rkwarddev

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Mon Nov 2 20:31:18 UTC 2015

Hi,

On Tue, 27 Oct 2015 11:46:47 +0100
meik michalke <meik.michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de> wrote:
> > (And will you still give me idq() so I know I can mix
> > your high-level magic with "bare-to-the-bone" JS?)
>
> i think except for the quotes you don't have to wait for it. you
> proposed:
>
>  rk.paste.JS ('var x = getString (', idq (x), ');'
>
> something similar is possible with id():
>
>  rk.paste.JS (id("var x = getString ('", x, "');"))

ah, yes, that was the paradigm. Now that you tell me, I recall that you
told me (at least) once before...

Either way, I'd still like to see an idq(), or something similar.
Removing a layer of quotes is a valuable thing, here. For all I care,
it would be good enough, if it can be used inside id(), only, so
rk.paste.JS() would not need any adjustment. Whatever the solution, it
should optionally accept one or more modifiers to concatenate with the
quoted id.