[rkward-devel] Index number in variable / value selectors

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Tue Jun 2 12:27:49 UTC 2015

Hi!

Jan pointed out that in selection slots for multiple values / variables,
the index number shown in the leftmost column(*) is rather pointless,
and in some cases confusing. I'm not sure whether there has ever been a
good reason for this, but I believe not, so I removed the index column
in the development version.

If you are aware of any scenario where the index number makes sense,
indeed, please speak up, now, so I can bring it back (or make it
possible to bring it back for specific plugins).

(*): E.g. in Analysis->Basic Statistics:

Select variable(s)                  Variable
Name Label Type                       Name
a                                   1 x
b                                   2 y