[rkward-devel] rkward crash

Francis, Warren w.francis at lrz.uni-muenchen.de
Tue Jan 20 13:42:32 UTC 2015

Dear developers,
I got this error when running rkward on Ubuntu 12.04.

I was trying to install R Bioconductor, which required upgrading to the
most recent R version (just adding the apt repo in Ubuntu, installing
the packages r-base and r-base-dev)
and then installation of several packages through the command line
(running sudo R ...)

The error reads:
Connection closed unexpectedly. Last error was: QLocalSocket: Remote
closed
The R backend will be shut down immediately. This means, you can not use
any more functions that rely on it. I.e. you can do hardly anything at
all, not even save the workspace (but if you're lucky, R already did
that). What you can do, however, is save any open command-files, the
output, or copy data out of open data editors. Quit RKWard after that.

Should I reinstall rkward or something?

Many thanks,
-Warren