[rkward-devel] Quering R from dialogs

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Wed Jan 7 07:41:47 UTC 2015

Hi!

On Wed, 7 Jan 2015 00:26:47 +0000
"SANCHEZ ALBERCA, ALFREDO" <asalber at ceu.es> wrote:
> Hi and Happy New Year for everybody!

Same to you!

> I've been trying to use the new property for querying R from dialogs
> (http://api.kde.org/doc/rkwardplugins/querying_r_for_info.html). As
> my requirements (for the moment) are only to list the levels of a
> factor, I've tried to embed the rkward::level_select plugin, but it
> doesn't work, exept if you embed it inside a optionset. For example,
> the following dialog works perfectly
[...]
> But if you put the embed outside the optionset, it fails.
>
> Probably I don't have a full understanding of the mechanism to query
> R. ¿What I'm doing wrong? Thanks!

Perhaps you simply forgot to adjust the id of the embedded plugin in
<connect>, when moving it to outside the optionset? The following works
for me:

<!DOCTYPE rkplugin>
<document>
        <code file="example.js" />
        <logic>
                <connect governor="x.available"
                    client="levels.variable" />
        </logic>
        <dialog label="Example">
                <varselector id="vars" />
                <varslot id="x" source="vars" label="Select variable"
                    num_dimensions="1" required="true" />
                <embed id="levels" component="rkward::level_select" />
                <valueslot required="true" id="values" label=""
                    source="levels.selector" />
        </dialog>
</document>

(Although, admittedly, the <valueslot> seems to be quirky in that it
does not show in red, initially; I'll look into that.)