[rkward-devel] Release plans

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Sun Feb 8 19:38:59 UTC 2015

Hi,

On Thu, 05 Feb 2015 15:00:10 +0100
meik michalke <Meik.Michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de> wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 5. Februar 2015, 11:10:57 schrieb Thomas
> Friedrichsmeier:
> > > what about the incompatibility between pluginmaps and a version
> > > number ending in "-git"? it will make testing much easier if that
> > > was fixed.
> >
> > Should be fixed, now.
>
> yes, indeed -- works like a charm now. i will try to come up with a
> solution for the bundle naming and build a preview bundle for mac
> users within a few days from now.

great. Keep in mind that translations will now have to be imported,
manually, for git-builds. cmake should already tell you about this. Let
me know if you need any help with this on macports (I'm still trying to
figure it out for Windows emerge...).

As you will have noted, I have created a branch for the 0.6.3
release (and am trying to learn using branches right, in git...). This
means master is still/again open for new features. Remember to commit
bug-fixes to both master _and_ releases/0.6.3.

I have a couple of open tasks outside of RKWard these days, and
I'm not quite sure, when I'll have time, and when I won't, in the
upcoming weeks. So I won't propose a formal timeline, but rather play
this by ear. Please let me know, whenever you have the Mac bundles,
ready. When both this, and the Windows binaries are there, we'll
announce the pre1-release and make a call for testing.

Testing is going to last at least one week, longer if needed. After
this, we'll prepare the first release candidate, again announcing it
when ready. Final release around one week after that. Let me know if
there are any dates that would be particularly (in-)convenient for you.