[rkward-devel] mac issues

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Tue Feb 3 17:05:58 UTC 2015

On Tue, 03 Feb 2015 16:02:24 +0100
meik michalke <Meik.Michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de> wrote:
> well, there are still some issues on mac. the good news is: the build
> looks ok, i.e., there is no all.pluginmap but all the individual
> pluginmaps.
>
> 1. however, these maps cannot be loaded, RKWard considers them
> "broken", but the files look fine.

I think it is probably related to renaming the version to 0.6.3-git.
When I try this, here (on Ubuntu), pluginmaps will get refused, too.
Probably, "0.6.3-" somehow sorts after "0.6.3y", which the pluginmaps
specify as maxmimum version allowed (to guard against accidental
pluginmaps).

Not sure, whether that is what we want. But there is a reason
for those cumbersome version names we're using elsewhere, namely to make
sure development versions sort correctly across the board (i.e. also in
distributions / package managers). I suggest keeping those, at least
internally (though it should be safe to append "-git", there).

> 2. there's the error message that RKWard needs plugins, it points the
> user to "settings -> configure RKWard", but the correct place would
> be "settings -> manage R packages and plugins..."; trying to add any
> of the pluginmaps doesn't work.

Will fix the string. Loading pluginmaps: See above.

> 3. when RKWard is launched, there are two icons in the dock, one
> labeled "RKWard", the second one "rkward.frontend".

The first one goes away, after some time, right?

Could you try this:
http://www.macosxtips.co.uk/index_files/disable-the-dock-icon-for-any-application.php

Unfortunately, the second one will continue to be called
rkward.frontend. No idea, how that can be fixed, yet.