[rkward-devel] i18n in rkwarddev?

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Sun Feb 1 15:36:56 UTC 2015

On Sun, 01 Feb 2015 11:58:53 +0100
meik michalke <meik.michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de> wrote:
> Am Samstag, 31. Januar 2015, 20:30:03 schrieb Thomas Friedrichsmeier:
> you are trying with the 0.06-5 release, right? have a look at the
> changelog for the upcoming release of 0.07-1; it had so many changed
> and new features that i felt the version jump more than justified.
>
> amongst other things, there is
>  - a re-write of i18n() which can be called inside echo() and covers
> all of the i18n*() functions in one
>  - a new function rk.i18n.comment() for context comments
>  - a new argument "i18n" in a lot of XML functions which takes a list
> of elements named "context" or "comment"
>  - new default behaviour of rk.JS.header() to automatically use i18n
> and various inclusions of i18n bits in other parts. and a lot of
> fixes...
>
> this should already cover what you were wishing for. one thing i
> haven't implemented yet is the "internal"/"external" switch with
> different defaults for plugins.

Oh great! I thought I was running a very recent development version,
but apparently I was not... Yes, seems exactly, what I was looking for.

> let me know if i've missed some of the changes in RKWard 0.6.3.

I pushed a few minor additions, Friday:
https://projects.kde.org/projects/playground/edu/rkward/repository/revisions/cec8e458eba3bd8d12b4eaddb31fcc6801ba9ccf

Regarding the <i18n>-element, I was a bit unsure, whether to make this
an element of its own, or merge it with <external>. I opted for the
former, but in essence, these are really the same: One with a
non-translatable "default", and one with a translatable
"label"-attribute.