[rkward-devel] Upcoming release 0.6.4 - Call for testing

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Sat Dec 5 12:27:19 UTC 2015

Hi,

On Sat, 05 Dec 2015 11:49:02 +0100
meik michalke <meik.michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de> wrote:
> Am Freitag, 4. Dezember 2015, 20:08:29 schrieb Aaron Batty:
> > In related news, is the RKWard version in the Ubuntu Software
> > Center still 0.6.1?
>
> looks like they didn't catch up on 0.6.3 yet:
>  http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=rkward
> @thomas: can you do something about that?
>  https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/rkward

not so directly. The situation is a bit difficult ATM: While I still
have permission to upload RKWard to Debian, I don't have a valid GPG
key (of acceptable length _and_ signed by two Debian Developers) to do
so. Therefore debian is still stuck at version 0.6.2, too. Fortunately,
I do now have a DD's promise to "sponsor" the upload of 0.6.4.

Usually, Ubuntu syncs packages from Debian (automatically?), but in
some cases that does not seem to happen (no idea, why it didn't happen
for 0.6.2, at least). We can probably get that fixed by filing a
bug-report on launchpad. However, I guess it will be easiest to wait
until 0.6.4 is in Debian, so Ubuntu can actually sync to the
then-current release.