[rkward-devel] 1

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Wed Sep 17 14:31:06 UTC 2014

On Sunday 14 September 2014 10:48:24 Thomas Friedrichsmeier wrote:
> On Friday 12 September 2014 15:29:23 白杨 wrote:
> > Linking CXX executable rkward.rbackend.exe
> > CMakeFiles\rkward.rbackend.dir/objects.a(rkrbackend.obj):rkrbackend.cpp:(.
> > te xt+0 x9f3): undefined reference to `libintl_bindtextdomain'

[...]

> Sorry for the long delay. I konw I've run into this problem, before, myself,
> but I did not really understand why, and can't remember what exactly I did
> to fix it.

Ok, here's some more insight on the problem: For some reason, when cmake runs
a second time on Windows, it will forget about the location of the gettext
libraries at that moment. Obviously a bug in that version of cmake. Workaround
solution is to remove CMakeCache.txt before the second run of cmake. I.e.

  cd %KDEROOT%\build\kdeapps\rkward-20121211\work\mingw4...\
(replace the dots as appropriate, of course)
  del CMakeCache.txt
Then, depending on what you are trying to do:
  emerge --update rkward
or
  cmake [your-custom-options]
  mingw32-make

I have updated the windows_nsis\make_release.bat script, accordingly.