[rkward-devel] run again link outside RKWard

meik michalke Meik.Michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de
Thu Nov 27 12:38:52 UTC 2014

hi,

Am Freitag, 21. November 2014, 17:25:16 schrieb Thomas Friedrichsmeier:
> On Wednesday 19 November 2014 11:06:21 meik michalke wrote:
> > i was curious if it was possible to get the run again links work also
> > outside of RKWard
[...]
> 2. Use
>   rkward --reuse myurl
> to open myurl in an existing RKWard instance (if any).

awesome, works just great! i have a working rkward.protocol for that and will
add it to git once i found the correct way to also add it to the installation
process.

where would you like the .protocol file best in the source tree? my guess
would be the location of the .desktop file.

i'm now trying to get an entry in the context menu of KDE file managers, so
you can open any R script or workspace image with a right click. this should
also make it easy to enable RKWard to offer this in its file browser dialog.

proof of concept first, then we can refine it.