[rkward-devel] select feature for data editor

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Thu Nov 6 10:08:24 UTC 2014

Hi!

On Monday 03 November 2014 12:47:13 meik michalke wrote:
> since one of my colleagues started working with RKWard, he's a constant
> stream of inspiration ;-)
>
> he noticed it is only possible to select data in the data editor by single
> row/column or complete blocks of rows/columns. he would expect that if you
> press <ctrl> while selecting rows/columns, that you could toggle their
> select state individually.

Possible in principle, but a bunch of code currently works on the assumption
that there can only be one contiguous selection (copying, pasting while a
selection is active, deleting while a selection is active). Each of these will
have to be adjusted, carefully. There are also some tricky questions attached,
such as how should "Paste inside selection" work in this case: Should
selection gaps be skipped in the data to paste, or should the data to paste be
shifted?

Not something I'd like to start on, now. Could you put in on the RFE tracker?