[rkward-devel] Error code 1073741511

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Wed May 28 19:28:12 UTC 2014

Hi!

On Tuesday 27 May 2014 21:24:30 Belén Vicente wrote:
> - Yes, I used R before on this machine, with RStudio software. But right
> now, I need to use RKward. Actually, I have not problem now
> with Rstudio  (I uninstalled it and cleaned the files before using RKward)
>
> - I removed c:/windows/users/belen/.rkward directory (it was empty)

Not the .rkward directory, but any .RProfile files. IIRC, R will look for
these
a) Inside your user directory.
b) In the current path when starting.

It is quite possible that this is the issue, although RStudio was working
fine. For one thing, of course RKWard should not crash (and in our development
version, we already fixed this). For another, errors in .RProfile could come
from e.g. trying to load an R package that has not (yet) been installed in the
R installation in use by RKWard.

> - Start up a terminal of R with no problems. I run the iris database
> as example and everything looks fine.

Ok, now try running the R.exe inside the RKWard installation. Should be at
C:\RKWard\R\bin\i386\R.exe (Note: I'm not sure, wether the path is quite
correct, can't check, ATM). Again, look out for any signs of errors or
warnings.

> I attach you the rkward.frontend.mU2928  (none rbackend file)

Thanks! Esssentially, what I can see from this is, that the R backend simply
fails to start. I am rather surprised that no rkward.rbackend.XYZ file is
being generated at all. Could you search your user home directory for a file
by that name? Conceivably it ended up in a different location for some reason.