[rkward-devel] cannot load eRm package

meik michalke Meik.Michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de
Mon May 12 11:04:14 UTC 2014

hi nikolaos,

Am Montag, 12. Mai 2014, 13:49:11 schrieb Nikolaos Tsigilis:
> Thank you for the RKward project.  I am using RKWard Version 0.6.0 Using KDE
> Development Platform 4.8.00 on a laptop with OS Windows 7 (64bit).  I am
> trying to load "eRm" package in order to use IRT module (rating scale model
> fit) and I get the following error Warning message:package 'eRm' is not
> available (for R version 2.15.1).  Is there any solution?

the problem you're facing is not so much one with RKWard, but with R itself.
you seem to have R 2.15 installed and are trying to install new packages from
CRAN. the precompiled packages there are usually only available for the most
recent R version, that is R 3.1.

you can either update R to 3.1 (note: you *must* also update RKWard to 0.6.1
then, because 0.6.0 did not support R >= 3.0 yet), or try to install the
package from source, and not the precompiled package; see ?install.packages()
for instructions how to do that. be aware that this might fail if your windows
system isn't set up for package building yet.