[rkward-devel] [rkward-cvs] SF.net SVN: rkward-code:[4787] trunk/rkward/macports/kde

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Thu May 1 08:16:04 UTC 2014

Hi,

On Wednesday 30 April 2014 18:17:42 meik michalke wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 30. April 2014, 10:01:10 schrieb Thomas Friedrichsmeier:
> > > move ahead to 0.6.2?
> >
> > I think the fastest (and therefore preferrable) fix will be to add the
> > relevant patch to the portfile. Patch attached (combination of r4654,
> > r4657, and r4660).
>
> thanks -- that fixed the build problem.

good. So does that mean, we don't have to depend on a particular compiler
version anymore?

> we would need another patch for the stable binary subport, because the
> configure argument R_LIBDIR is being ignored, so RKWard doesn't find the
> rkward package and crashes ;-) however, if that doesn't become a part of
> MacPorts anyway, we shouldn't have to bother.

Yes, let's ignore this for now, and leave it for 0.6.2. (BTW, one other thing
that I really want to fix for 0.6.2 is the troubles running from paths with
spaces on Windows).

> > 1) Get the portfiles done.
>
> looks good so far. the comments from various MacPorts devs were helpful in
> removing old stuff which doesn't seem to be needed any longer. the files
> will be much smaller now.

Two more suggestions: I guess the main use-case for rkward-binary is going to
remain building the bundles. It _may_ make sense to have a third Portfile just
for rkward-binary, and adjust that to point to the correct SVN-location (trunk
or release_branch) as needed (could that even be implemented as a variant?).
The advantage would be that the regular Portfiles could remain completely in
sync with MacPorts, making it easier to carry patches in either direction.

Now that the -debug variant does not need any explicit configure arguments
anymore, it does look somewhat pointless, indeed. Telling bug reporters to

sudo port install rkward +debug
sudo port install valgrind

should not be too much more scaring than just the first line.

P.S.: Marko was addressing me when asking for Portfile patches, but as you are
the maintainer, I'm not going to take any action here, unless you tell me to.