[rkward-devel] RKWard problem

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Sat Mar 15 08:34:49 UTC 2014

Hi Peter,

On Saturday 15 March 2014 16:56:21 Peter Mayer wrote:
>      Mixed results to report...
>      The plain instance of R seemed to start as normal.  Help(), e.g.
> worked as expected.

Ok.

>      I moved the .Rprofile from the RKWard folder.  That didn't make any
> difference.

If you have a .Rprofile at the top of your user directory, try moving /
renaming that one, too.

>      I think I don't have the format quite correct for the CMD exercise.
> Debug (presumably) reports that it can't get to a folder in Roaming.
> I'm attaching two screenshots which may help you spot where I'm going wrong.

Two things:
1) Ok, I forgot that on Windows there is no message about location of debug
output on the console. Instead, go to Settings->Configure RKWard->Debug. Debug
file location should be shown in a note at the bottom of that window. Then
proceed as before, i.e. locate the most recent pair of rkward.frontend.XYZ and
rkward.rbackend.XYZ log files, and post them (rkward.frontend.XYZ should have
at least one MB or so, when running with --debug-level 5, so you will have to
zip up the files).
2) Looking at the screenshot, you _are_ running from a path with spaces (even
if the installer foolishly suggested that as the default). Please do try
installing to a really simple path like c:\test simply to rule out the problem
has anything to do with that.

> Thanks, once more, for your help,

Thanks for your help in tracking this down!