[rkward-devel] R engine has died error

Chris McNorgan chris.mcnorgan at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 17:51:02 UTC 2014

Received the following error. Latest version of R was installed this
morning (for the first time) from the CRAN website on Ubuntu 12.04.
Following this, package manager was used to install RKWard. Launched
RKWard for the first time (and all subsequent times), this was the error
that was generated:

> Connection closed unexpectedly. Last error was: QLocalSocket: Remote
> closed
>
> The R backend will be shut down immediately. This means, you can not
> use any more functions that rely on it. I.e. you can do hardly
> anything at all, not even save the workspace (but if you're lucky, R
> already did that). What you can do, however, is save any open
> command-files, the output, or copy data out of open data editors. Quit
> RKWard after that.
>
> Since this should never happen, please write a mail to
> rkward-devel at lists.sourceforge.net, and tell us, what you were trying
> to do, when this happened. Sorry!

Cheers