[rkward-devel] RKWard bug

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Tue Jul 1 18:19:59 UTC 2014

Hi,

On Tuesday 01 July 2014 14:31:38 Pier Giovanni Bissiri wrote:
> Dear Sirs,
>
> I have just updated R, and when I open RKWard, I always receive the
> following message:
>
> Connection closed unexpectedly. Last error was: QLocalSocket: Remote closed
[...]

The most common cause of this problem is that you upgraded from R 2.15.x to R
3.0.x or 3.1.x without upgrading RKWard as well. You need at least RKWard
0.6.1 for that, and it has to be a build of RKWard compiled against R >=
3.0.x. We don't know, what system you are running, but if it is e.g. Ubuntu,
suitable RKWard packages can be found at https://launchpad.net/~rkward-devel .