[rkward-devel] translation RKWard

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Wed Feb 19 11:17:23 UTC 2014

Wed, 19 Feb 2014 03:08:24 +0200 було написано meng854 <meng854 at 163.com>:

> I modified zh_CN.po of RKWard translation with Chinese and make it at
> least of 90%.
> To test of my translation, do configure, make, make install
> and it tells that the translation has been installed.
> but the interface of RKWard can't see the Chinese Menu
>  could you help me ?

Hi,

The translation itself can be uploaded through Launchpad:

https://translations.launchpad.net/rkward/trunk/+pots/rkward/zh_CN/+translate

(you should be a member of Chinese translation team [1] though.)

RKWard interface cannot be translated to 100% now because of the problems
with plugin translation. Do you mean this kind of problems?

If not, can you do the following things?

1. Use

msgfmt -o rkward.mo zn_CN.po

to compile translation

2. Move rkward.mo to /usr/share/locale/zh_CN/LC_MESSAGES

3. Run RKWard.

Thanks for your work and best regards,
Yuri

[1] https://translations.launchpad.net/+languages/zh_CN