[rkward-devel] RKWard error

Adrian Radtke adrian.radtke at uni-oldenburg.de
Mon Feb 17 18:35:44 UTC 2014

Hello,

I just installed R on my computer, using Ubuntu 12.04. I was looking for
a user interface and found RKWard.

When I first started the program it went well without any sign of error.
But then I realized I couldn't use the "vegan" package with the R
version from the official Ubuntu package sources. So I
addedhttp://ftp5.gwdg.de/pub/misc/cran/bin/linux/ubuntu as a foreign
source and installed R version 3.0.2. This time the installation of
"vegan" from the terminal was successful. But now when I start RKWard I
get the following message:

Connection closed unexpectedly. Last error was: QLocalSocket: Remote closed

This happens every time I start the program. I even re-installed RKWard,
but it makes no difference. Awkward indeed.

In the error message text, you asked for an email about the problem. So,
here it is! I hope this helps.

Best wishes,
Adrian Radtke