[rkward-devel] R2HTML orphaned on CRAN

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Sun Aug 24 13:29:29 UTC 2014

Hi,

On Sunday 24 August 2014 12:35:16 Milan Bouchet-Valat wrote:
> > I'm uncertain, whether we should
> > a) use S3-method markup, anyway
> > b) rename HTML.cormat to HTMLcormat, breaking the API (although of course
> > we could keep a deprecated HTML.cormat along with a))
> > c) Ignore the note, assuming that CRAN maintainers will be ok with it.
> >
> > I tend to think, b) may be the best option after all.
>
> Breaking the API because of a silly WARNING does not seem like the best
> option to me. Why not a) instead, since it has no effect on the actual
> code, just on the docs? The doc page makes it obvious anyway that it's
> not a S3 method.

well, a) is certainly the easiest option, by all means. The (acceptable)
downside to this is that the usage-section will then be rendered as
  ## S3 method for class 'cormat'
  HTML(x,[...])
while you really have to call HTML.cormat(). The example section is not
affected, though.

As the package maintainer, it's your call ;-).