[rkward-devel] RKWard problems

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Mon Apr 21 13:18:39 UTC 2014

Hi,

On Sunday 20 April 2014 21:43:02 Samuel Taylor wrote:
> On startup RKWard gives the following error:

[...]

> I'm a recent migrant to Ubuntu and have just updated my R installation
> following the instructions on CRAN to change /etc/apt/sources.list & add
> keys, in order that I could install the "arm" package.  R seems to be
> working in the terminal, but no longer in RKWard!
>
> Have I managed to do something stupid/bad?

well, yes, somewhat ;). Since the answer to this FAQ would have been easy to
find on both our webpages, and our mailing list archives:

When using the CRAN version of R, install RKWard from one of these PPAs:

https://launchpad.net/~rkward-devel

(Probably https://launchpad.net/~rkward-devel/+archive/rkward-stable-cran).