[rkward-devel] "R engine has died - RKWard" dialog box

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Thu Sep 5 17:41:46 UTC 2013

Hi,

On Wednesday 04 September 2013 20:26:50 Mike Harwood wrote:
> In attempting to start RKWard, by clicking on the icon in either Lubuntu or
> Kubuntu, I received the message in this e-mail's subject line.  My
> Sys.info() from a separate terminal session follows the error message.
>  Please advise regarding additional information I can provide.  Thank you!

before anything else, make sure you are using compatible versions of R and
RKWard. This is particularly important when installing R from a separate
repository (such as CRAN or a PPA on launchpad). In this case, you will
probably have to install RKWard from one of our PPAs
(https://launchpad.net/~rkward-devel - "CRAN version of R").

If problems persist, post the output of
  aptitude show rkward r-base-core