[rkward-devel] New package rk.Teaching

Milan Bouchet-Valat nalimilan at club.fr
Wed Oct 16 12:14:02 UTC 2013

Le mardi 15 octobre 2013 à 11:36 +0000, SANCHEZ ALBERCA, ALFREDO a
écrit :
> Hello!
> I've been working during the last year in a new plugin for RKWard for
> teaching statistics. The new package is called rk.Teaching and at the
> moment is in Spanish, but the English translation will be available
> soon. For more info about this package you can visit the web:
> http://asalber.github.io/rkTeaching_es/ (in Spanish) or
> http://asalber.github.io/rkTeaching/ (in English but outdated).
> I'd like to upload the package to the RKWard repository
> http://rkward.sourceforge.net/R/ but I don't know how to proceed.
This sounds great, and actually even too good to be kept as a plugin
modestly named "Teaching". I would argue that most of the features you
offer should be properly integrated into the relevant RKWard menus, and
enabled by default. I'm particularly interested in the data management
part, which I think deserves being present in the Data menu. This is a
killer feature for sociologists, who often rely on SPSS or Stata for
this.

Of course this is only my opinion ;-)