[rkward-devel] failure to start

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Sun May 26 17:51:16 UTC 2013

Hi,

On Sunday 26 May 2013 17:18:12 Rodger Mayze wrote:
> Today I tried to start Rkward but it said that the backend had just shut
> down and it could do nothing.
> I am using openSUSE 12.3, with Tumbelweed
> R version 3.0.1 and Rkward  Version 0.6.0
> Using KDE Development Platform 4.10.3 "release 563"

that won't work. For R >= 3.0.0, you need RKWard 0.6.1 (or later), and RKWard
needs to be compiled against R >= 3.0.0. I believe you will find suitable
openSUSE binaries at
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?package=rkward&project=devel%3Alanguages%3AR%3Asupplement
.

Otherwise, on Linux, compilation from source is generally not too difficult:
See http://p.sf.net/rkward/compiling . Make sure to follow the instructions
carefully, esp. you will probably have to specify the
  -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX
parameter in the call to cmake.