[rkward-devel] error: QLocalSocket: Remote closed

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Mon May 13 07:31:45 UTC 2013

Hi,

On Sunday 12 May 2013 15:46:37 Brad Foley wrote:
> Hey, I've suddenly started getting this error. I'm using Ubuntu, 12.04,
> and I've been using RKWard ~daily on this computer for about 6 months.
> (And for the most part I really like it, thanks!)
>
> R seems to be working fine from the terminal.
>
> I've uninstalled RKWard, rebooted, reinstalled several times, but I
> still seem to be getting this error.

first guess: You upgraded to R 3.0.0. You'll need a different compile of
RKWard for that (one of the PPAs for the "CRAN version of R" at
https://launchpad.net/~rkward-devel).

If this is not it, try moving ~/.kde/share/config/rkwardrc out of the way
(remove or rename). If this is still not it, locate the latest
rkward.frontend.XYZ and rkward.rbackend.XYZ files in you /tmp folder and post
them.