[rkward-devel] R Console shortcuts on the Mac

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Thu Mar 14 15:18:41 UTC 2013

Hi,

ah, an easy one for a change ;-).

On Thursday 14 March 2013, Frederik Aust wrote:
> In my opinion there is a common solution for both issues. If Ctrl-C
> aborted R processes this would free up Cmd-C to copy text from the R
> console. Is Crtl-C used for anything, yet?

The reason for this is simply:

1. On Linux / Windows, Ctrl+C is the standard shortcut for both, so there is a
conflict.
2. RKWard assigns Ctrl+C as shortcut to the cancelling, only. But "for
consistency" with Mac shortcuts, Qt maps this to Cmd+C, automatically...

Well, easily fixable. The next release will have Ctrl+C and Cmd+C,
respectively, as you suggested. But you don't have to wait for that: You can
configure all shortcuts (either right-click/control-click on the corresponding
menu-entry, and select "Configure Shortcut", or use Settings->Configure
Shortcuts, while the R Console window is active).