[rkward-devel] [rkward-cvs] SF.net SVN: rkward-code:[4590] trunk/rkward/rkward

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Thu Mar 14 09:10:57 UTC 2013

Hi,

On Wednesday 13 March 2013, meik michalke wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 13. März 2013, 18:30:15 schrieb tfry at users.sf.net:
> > +# TODO: rkwarddev does not accept "visible.not" as modifier
>
> well, actually it should ;-) that was introduced with commit 4579
>
> i fixed some other problems just now -- forgot to add the modifiers for
> development snapshot of the rkwarddev package.

yes, updating fixed the problem.

> btw, there cannot be two "maintainers" of a plugin ("cre" role in
> person()):
>
> <wRe>
> The mandatory ‘Maintainer’ field should give a _single_ name followed a
> _valid_ (RFC 2822) email address in angle brackets. It should not end in a
> period or comma. This field is what is reported by the maintainer function
> and used by bug.report. For a CRAN package it should be a person, not a
> mailing list and not a corporate entity: do ensure that it is valid and
> will remain valid for the lifetime of the package.
> </wRe>
>  o http://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/R-exts.html#The-DESCRIPTION-file

Well, that's the policy for CRAN, and I guess it makes a lot of sense to
follow this for external plugins. For plugins to be included in RKWard itself,
not so much, IMO. I've added "RKWard Team" as the maintainer, instead (perhaps
rk.XML.about() could be a bit less picky about having to supply a "given"
name).