[rkward-devel] optionset docs

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Sat Feb 16 09:16:40 UTC 2013

Hi,

On Friday 15 February 2013, meik michalke wrote:
> i have some questions regarding the optionset docs:
>
> in this portions of the example...
>
>   <radio id="gender" label="Gender">
>      <optioncolumn label="Male" value="m"/>
>      <optioncolumn label="Female" value="f"/>
>   </radio>
>
> ... <optioncolumn> would need to be <option> instead, right?

correct! (For a while, <optioncolumn> was named <option>, until I realized
this had would just add potential for confusion. So I had to do some search-
and-replace - and I replaced a bit too much, apparently).

> and if in the <content> node we also have ...
>
>   <input id="firstname" label="Given name(s)" size="small">
>
> ... as well as later on...
>
>   <optioncolumn id="firstnames" label="Given name(s)"
>     connect="firstname.text">
>   <optioncolumn id="gender" connect="gender.string">
>
> ... why is the first id different but the second one identical to the id
> from the <content> nodes?

It's ok, technically, but you are right, it's rather inconsistent.
<optioncolumn>s may have the same id as the properties they are connected
to(*), or they may have totally different ids. So the second one should be
changed to "genders".

(*)  Properties inside the contents region actually have a prefix to their
ids: "setid.contents.firstname.text", etc. Thus if an <optioncolumnn> is given
the id "firstname", this does not clash with ids inside the contents region.
Nonetheless, duplicating ids is not recommendable, as it may make things more
confusing.