[rkward-devel] RKWard currently broken

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Tue Feb 5 14:10:39 UTC 2013

Hi,

On Tuesday 05 February 2013, meik michalke wrote:
> over the weekend, svn revision 4520 seems to have broken RKWard in some
> contexts: it crashes on my kubuntu 12.10 machine immediately on startup.

indeed, thanks. I had not noticed it, as it crashes only when showing help
pages which do not belong to a plugin - and I have disabled showing the
"Welcome to RKWard" page, here.

Should be fixed, now.

> i've built and installed packages from various svn revisions to find the
> forst one causing this problem. 4519 is still OK, but since 4521 the
> packages are broken, see the attached valgrind log.

Unfortunately, the daily builds (all .debs, in fact) lack debugging symbols,
so the valgrind log did not help much. Knowing which revision had introduced
the bug was _very_ helpful, however.