[rkward-devel] Problem with Rkward in a 64bit

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Sat Dec 28 08:50:56 UTC 2013

Hi!

On Friday 27 December 2013 21:23:26 l.arjona at usc.es wrote:
> In windows7 64 bit rkward simply does not run, no message delivered.
[...]
> In windows I followed the instructions in:
> http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/rkward/index.php?title=RKWard_on_Windo
> ws

My guess is that you used the custom installer, and you did not install 32-bit
binaries for R. The RKWard for Windows binaries we provide are 32 bit only, so
far. Solutions: Install the bundle (safest option), or make sure to install 32
bit versions of both R and KDE.

> In ubuntu I installed it through the software center.

Probably you installed R (3.0.x) from CRAN / a custom PPA, but installed
RKWard from the main repository. This won't work. Pick the most suitable PPA
from these: https://launchpad.net/~rkward-devel and install RKWard from that.

Hope this helps. Let us know, if problems persist.