[rkward-devel] (RKWard backend died at startup)

Sakaluk, John Kitchener sakaluk at ku.edu
Thu Apr 25 15:31:44 UTC 2013

Very simple fix/silly of me; updated R to 3.0 and now it's working just fine.

Thanks

John K. Sakaluk, M.A.
Doctoral Student
Social Psychology
University of Kansas
W: http://people.ku.edu/~j100s987

On Apr 25, 2013, at 3:32 AM, Thomas Friedrichsmeier <thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de<mailto:thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de>>
 wrote:

Hi!

@Samuel: Another very similar bug report came in shortly before yours. I'm
replying to both at once.

Thanks for the detailed info! Apparently we seem to be having a problem on
some, but not all MacOSX installations. So far we have not been able to figure
out a pattern, so it would be really helpful, if you could provide us with
more details:

ATM there are various different versions of RKWard for MacOSX. Could you tell
us, which one you installed (filename of the .dmg, or - in case you installed
via Macports - the name and variant of the port)?

Also, which version of R do you have installed?

Despite the error message, please go to the RKWard settings (I keep forgetting
where they are on Mac, and my Mac is busy recompiling; I believe it's in
"Preferences"). Go to the "Debug"-page. At the bottom there is a note, telling
you where debug output is being written to. Could you please post that file?

Also, do you find a file rkward.rbackend.XYZ in the same directory? If so, and
it's non-empty, please post that as well.

Thanks!
Thomas