[rkward-devel] another shortcut issue on mac

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Fri Apr 12 07:56:26 UTC 2013

Hi,

On Thursday 11 April 2013 15:24:58 meik michalke wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 9. April 2013, 12:33:43 schrieb Thomas Friedrichsmeier:
> > oh, no, not again. Shortcuts...
>
> can RKWard somehow check whether some of its factory defaults for shortcuts
> were replaced? right now we can discover this only by trial&error, who knows
> how many hidden replacements there still are...

not sure. I'll make a note to investigate. Could you check the rkward.frontend
log for any existing message(s) about this?

> > If we go this way, what do we do about the current binding for
> > Ctrl+Enter/Return (insert a new-line character and submit line to R)?
> > Reassign to Alt+Enter/Return?
>
> ok with me. is there a comparable shortcut for this in other common (R)
> IDEs?

I never checked, systematically, but so far I have not seen it, elsewhere (of
course it's not terribly discoverable in RKWard, either). Either way, I guess
only a combination with Enter/Return makes sense. And Shift+Return is already
taken by the katepart.

So I guess, I'll just go ahead.