[rkward-devel] another shortcut issue on mac

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Tue Apr 9 10:33:43 UTC 2013

Hi,

On Sunday 07 April 2013 19:34:07 meik michalke wrote:
> i ran into another shortcut problem: <shift>+F9 is reserved to trigger some
> canvas mode, and "run all" was instead automatically matched to <shift>+8 in
> editor mode, which makes it impossible to write opening brackets (or even
> more critical, will run the full script if you try to open a new bracket).

oh, no, not again. Shortcuts...

Well, way back then, Milan suggested to change the "Run" shorctus, and to some
degree the running behavior:
  http://www.mail-archive.com/rkward-devel@lists.sourceforge.net/msg01701.html

In essence:
   Ctrl+Enter/Return runs current line OR current selection (if anything is
selected)
   Ctrl+Shift+Enter/Return runs whole script
   (I'll ignore the proposed new actions for now)
If we go this way, what do we do about the current binding for
Ctrl+Enter/Return (insert a new-line character and submit line to R)? Reassign
to Alt+Enter/Return?

Other ideas?