[rkward-devel] rkward 0.6.1 release

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Tue Apr 9 09:45:48 UTC 2013

Hi!

On Monday 08 April 2013 17:39:20 SANCHEZ ALBERCA, ALFREDO wrote:
> After the rkward 0.6.1 release announce I have removed old rkward, installed
> R 3.0 and tried to install rkwar 0.6.1 from source, following the
> instrucctions from
> http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/rkward/index.php?title=Building_RKWar
> d_From_Source. The comand that I use for cmake is
> cmake .. -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=$HOME/.kde/ -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release
> -DR_LIBDIR=$HOME/R/i686-pc-linux-gnu-library/3.0

Installing to prefixes other than `kde4-config --prefix` is somewhat
unsupported. It should work in theory, but it is rarely tested, and it has
been known to cause trouble in the past. Try again using
  cmake .. -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr
and don't forget to run
  sudo make install
afterwards.

If you don't like installing non-packaged software to the system folders,
consider building from the deb-src:
   http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/rkward/index.php?title=Binaries_and_Build_Scripts#deb-
src_for_all_systems

(If you have tried this, before, yes, sorry, I forgot to upload the new deb-
src to the archive. Now, 0.6.1~rc1-1 is available, there (identical to 0.6.1).

If problems persist after installing this .deb, please let us know.

We will also provide binaries for Ubuntu and R 3.0.0, ASAP. Unfortunately, we
have to wait for R 3.0.0 to become available on launchpad, first.