[rkward-devel] Subset plugin; Release plans

meik michalke meik.michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de
Thu Apr 4 20:19:55 UTC 2013

hi,

Am Freitag, 15. März 2013, 11:50:48 schrieb Thomas Friedrichsmeier:
> In the generated .xml-file, I noted that this tries to include the
> containing  .pluginmap. I guess that's for <about> and <dependency> info?
> Please don't do this.

ok, this was a wrong default in rkwarddev all along, fixed it and rebuilt the
plugins. i also released 0.06-2 of the rkwarddev package just now.

and, while at it, i've released the first debian packages of external plugins,
e.g.:
 o http://rkward.sourceforge.net/R/pckg/rk.ANOVA/deb_repo.html

try it :-)

there's still a distant issue regarding package names of debian packages,
which was temporarily fixed in 2.15.3-2 and 3.0.0-1, but is again un-fixed in
3.0.0-2 because my patch broke some CRAN .debs. actually they didn't break
because of the patch, but because they used invalid package names in the first
place:
 o http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=704606
but i'm confident this can be resolved when the 3.0.0 release is over.

i'll simply continue to use the patched file, but as long as it isn't in the
official debian R packages, other's won't be able to build plugin debian
packages named rk.* from source.

> Also, while working on the rkwarddev script, I ran into problems with
> duplicate ids assigned to elements with similar labels. Here's a somewhat
> wild  thought for a possible solution: If scripts are usually warpped into
> local(), anyway, why not use a custom wrapper function, e.g.
> "rkdev.scope()", instead. This would create an internal object
> current_scope_ids in the rkwarddev namespace. All rk.XML.*-constructors
> would register their ids in this variable (if it exists, i.e. if called
> inside rkdev.scope()). rkwarddev:::auto.ids() would consult this object to
> check for dupes (and probably use make.unique() to fix problems).

hm, sounds interesting -- i'll investigate this!