[rkward-devel] Installing new packages using RKWard on Mac OS X

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Tue Sep 25 18:10:41 UTC 2012

Hi!

On Tuesday 25 September 2012, Thomas Friedrichsmeier wrote:
> there is no explicit logic for this, and it's certainly not intended. But
> of course it may be a side-effect of something else in RKWard. Perhaps the
> first thing to check is the value of
>    getOption ("pkgType")

Ok, I still did not manage to connect to a UI session, but I checked this on
the command line:

R version 2.15.1 (2012-06-22) -- "Roasted Marshmallows"
Copyright (C) 2012 The R Foundation for Statistical Computing
ISBN 3-900051-07-0
Platform: x86_64-apple-darwin11.4.0/x86_64 (64-bit)
[...]

> getOption ("pkgType")
[1] "source"

So this is the culprit, indeed. I suppose, it's because it's an x11 build of
R, technically. I have now added an option to control the packages type in
rkward. I've put it on Settings->Configure RKWard->R-Packages instead of the
installation dialog, since I don't think most users will want to touch it. I
have not tested this patch on Windows or Mac, yet (and on Unix, the option is
not configurable).

Meik, could you test this on Mac?