[rkward-devel] Installing new packages using RKWard on Mac OS X

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Tue Sep 25 12:55:54 UTC 2012

Hi,

On Tuesday 25 September 2012, meik michalke wrote:
> @thomas: or could it be that RKWard triggers source installation of
> packages? maybe because the system is not windows and it doesn't check for
> mac OS yet here?

there is no explicit logic for this, and it's certainly not intended. But of
course it may be a side-effect of something else in RKWard. Perhaps the first
thing to check is the value of
   getOption ("pkgType")
. Another idea I had was that this might be related to the rkward package
repository in some way. Perhaps R does not find / does not like the mac
binaries, and falls back to source installs, instead, for all repositories.
That's just a blind guess, but it may be worth giving
   options (repos="@CRAN@")
a try.

BTW, I tried to look at this on your mac, this morning, but somehow the VNC
session always started to hang, before I could even log in to my account.
Hopefully it's just a temporary problem...