[rkward-devel] feature request: drag&drop between workspace and file system

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Tue Sep 25 07:26:07 UTC 2012

On Monday 24 September 2012, Thomas Friedrichsmeier wrote:
> E.g. the "write_table" plugin could announce that it offers "Export / CSV"
> for "single" objects of type "data.frame, matrix", and it wants to be
> called with the object name filled into "data" and perhaps "sep" set to
> "','". Would you like to come up with a draft of a format specification
> for this sort of info (probably to be placed in the .pluginmap)?

Thinking about it, though, this is simply another component context (just like
"x11" and "import"). We even have a mechanism to specify parameters for
plugins in a context (using <attribute> declarations), although it may not be
generic enough (and probably it would make more sense to declare these in the
<context>, rather than inside the <component>-declaration).

Well, very few plugins make use of this, so far, so I guess we can still fix
it, without causing too much trouble. So again, if you would like to draft a
specification...