[rkward-devel] Setting Factor Levels... Broken?

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Thu Oct 4 08:57:52 UTC 2012

Hi,

On Wednesday 03 October 2012, meik michalke wrote:
> even more odd, i can't reproduce it today, before the update. i'm still
> running 0.5.7z+0.5.8-0daily+3749+201210020147~precise1, but today i don't
> get any problems:

well, the class of problems that I have fixed was a race condition, basically
when you start editing the data.frame, before the command that initializes it
in the backend has been run. Of course that type of problem is always hard to
reproduce. Running
   Sys.sleep (20)
in the R Console, then creating the data.frame and editing it, before the 20
seconds have elapsed, might show the problem. When I did that before the fix,
I got somewhat different symptoms, however. That's why it was hoping for
confirmation.

Either way, there is at least some reason to hope that commits r4344 and r4347
really fixed the problem. I'd say, go ahead and update. But yell, as soon as
you see anything like this, again.