[rkward-devel] Setting Factor Levels... Broken?

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Tue Oct 2 16:28:21 UTC 2012

Hi!

On Tuesday 02 October 2012, meik michalke wrote:
> to my surprise, it does work on my other machine!

Could it be the other machine is running SVN, directly? I did fix a class of
race conditions when creating new data.frames. I am *not* sure, whether this
really fixed the problem, but it might have.

When testing on the other machine, please make sure to test once more *before*
updating to the next daily build, and once after, so we can tell for sure
whether this is really fixed.

>     NA var1 var2 var3 var4
> 1 <NA>   NA   NA   NA   NA

[...]

> we suddenly gained a new variable? this is on the working machine -- can
> you reproduce this?

Yes. I think it's a bug that was there before, but used to be papered over by
the other bug. Sometimes two wrongs do make a right, it seems... Should be
fixed in SVN, now.

The problem on Mac is most likely an entirely different beast. Will look into
that, next.