[rkward-devel] Automatic crash report generated by DrKonqi for RKWard.

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Tue Oct 2 08:16:02 UTC 2012

Hi!

On Tuesday 02 October 2012, Kyle Brooks wrote:
> I ran the command you told me and it
> generated the report attached.  I think I'm missing debugging symbols for
> RKWard.  If you know where I can get those, I can get a new report with
> those symbols.

I'm afraid, the only way to get the debugging symbols is building from source.
There is no package with rkward debugging symbols for Ubuntu, as far as I
know. However, I don't think that would help with this particular problem. The
about dialog is really just a standard KDE library feature, and I'm fairly
certain that RKWard code is not to blame at this point. In fact, quite likely
you will see the same bug in any KDE application. E.g. try kwrite.

I'm not sure whether the valgrind report helps too much, but it really shows a
lot of things going wrong inside accessibility realted code, so, if nothing
else, it's clearly another finger pointing in that direction. I'll attach the
log to the KDE bug report.

> Let me know if I can help out any more.

I don't think there's much you can do, short of digging through the
QAccessibility sources and trying to work out what's going wrong.

One thing you could do is to experiment with some settings (esp. accessibility
related ones), and test whether changing any particular setting makes the
crash go away. If you can pinpoint one or more settings which are needed to
reproduce the crash, that could help developers a lot.

But of course, besides this, a great way to help is to keep sending bug
reports for any (other) issues that you encounter.

Thanks!